Lamentations 3:22

The unfailing love of the LORD never ends!...Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. - Lamentations 3:22



Sunday, September 5, 2010

Soy Chai Tea Latte w/ 2 pumps of Sugar-free Vanilla


I pray that everything I write today will be pleasing to the Lord's eyes.
It's not about me, It's all about Him.





The "Chai Latte", my friends


If you know me very well, you know that I love Starbucks.
I love starbucks so much so, that I have probably tried everything on the menu as far as beverages, at least twice. Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic...maybe once.  Also, if you know me very well, you would know that for a long time...I was addicted to the frappuccinos.  I am ready to announce, I have found a new favorite beverage (which I can't take credit for), it was suggested to me by Michael Razmandi. Are you ready for this?

Soy Chai Tea Latte...with 2 pumps of sugar-free vanilla.  YUM!!!!  I know, it' sounds pretty disgusting, but...it is like Christmas in July...the nutmeg just has this way of putting a smile on my face every time.  Who doesn't love Christmastime? 

Don't worry, I will not just be writing merely about my Starbucks Craze today....this makes for great illustration to describe the latest events of my life.  

Sometimes, we get so hooked on "one thing", whether that be a hobby, a dream, or in my case, a certain beverage at Starbucks...that we never want to try anything new (risk)...we are fearful of unmet expectations.  Fearful of the "unknown".  There were multiple visits to starbucks that I wanted to try something different, but stuck to old faithful...mocha frap..knowing that I would never be unsatisfied, or let down.  We can't hold on to old faithful forever...sometimes we have to let go, and try something new...lean on faith.  Sometimes, God calls us to let go...this often times hurts.    I can relate this to my life and latest events of my life in that...

Forever I have had this passion in my heart for Missions.  I believe with all my heart that this is something the Lord has placed IN the depths of my heart.  In the very existence of Anna.  The problem is, I have been hanging on to "old faithful".  My life here in Houston.  Just like I found a new love at starbucks, the Lord has opened up a huge opportunity in the last week for me to take a "leap" yet again, only this time MUCH BIGGER.  I will be flying out November 7th to Tanzania, AFRICA...and spending weeks there, learning and seeing the ins and outs and everything inbetween of Missions...and the life of Missions in Tanzania.  I'll be flying back to the states on December 20th.  This is something that God is calling me to do, and I am thrilled to be obedient.   I feel beyond blessed and humbled to have this opportunity.  I can't even begin write of all the "happenings" of the last week of my life, because everything else pales in comparison to this.  My soul has joy, excitement, and hope.  God is taking my life in a different direction in these next few months, and I am so thankful that He is.  The Lord is so faithful.  All he asks is for our obedience.  Our God is a jealous God, what a sweet, sweet thing.

Are there things, dreams, people, idols...that you are hanging on to in your own life?  What is your "old faithful"?  Are you fearful of letting go, being disappointed? Do you feel these things are keeping you from living a life of faith, and trust in God ALONE?  I feel like in my own life, for so long...I  have made God so small.  Our God is a big God.  A big God with a BIG love for His Children.  A big God who paid the ULTIMATE sacrifice so that we may find life in Him.  Let us not forget that.


***I'll end with a few verses, and quotes that have stood out over the last week.  I hope you find these encouraging!  I know I did.  To God be the glory.




"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."    
-Romans 5:1-5

“Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.”
-Oswald Chambers

"By perseverance the snail reached the ark.."
- Charles Spurgeon (My favorite quote..of all that I read in the last week!)

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."
-1 John 3:1


"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! 
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand. 
When I awake,
I am still with you."
-Psalm 139: 17-18




I saw these rainbows (it was a double rainbow)...while I was a Starbucks a few days ago.
Another crazy story,  just ask me if you'd like to hear it.
God's promises are so precious.


Getting all packed up, Moving TOMORROW! So crazy, so exciting, but still hard! 
The Lord is in control (:
He knows exactly what we need.


This was in my fortune cookie last night...God is sovereign ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment